Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting to know me

In 2010, my husband Oliver, got a job offer in New York. After 2 months we packed our bags and moved from the Philipines to the USA. It was me, Oliver and our then 6 month old daughter, Ysabella.

After recently moving from another country, my life has never been the same.

I left my family.
I left my friends.
I left my job.
I left the convenience of everything familiar.

My life was changed.... 

It's hard knowing that my parents and siblings are not a drive away, or that I don't have my friends to have coffee with. I don't have a job and can't have one because my visa doesn't allow me to. On top of that I became a full time mom, nothing could have prepared me for that.

It was the time of my biggest life adjustment. Even how I was called had to change! Can you believe that? My name is Eva and in my home country E is pronounced as E in Egg, but here, I had to be called Eva like the Langoria (but I like that changed, it made me feel pretty! hahaha!)

After over a year, I have finally settled in. More relaxed, happier and importantly --- adjusted to my new situation. I learned one simple lesson: Get inspired. Finding that inspiration in almost every thing that I do kept me sane, made me look forward to tomorrow's surprises while enjoying what today is giving me.

I am Eva, this is my blog. My thoughts (sometimes organized, sometimes scattered, sometimes crazy.) The things I did. Things I might do. The things I like. My rants and my raves. The documentation of how I'm  discovering the new me. The relationship I'm making with people I may only meet through words. My ideas. Me, opening my world to yours.

But most specially, this is me Getting Inspired.





No comments:

Post a Comment